NLK 03 - Selingan Turtle Island & Kinabatangan Experience
Tour Code NLK 03
Duration 3 Days 2 Night
Minimum 1 Pax
Pickup Point Airport/Sandakan Area/Sepilok Area
Drop Off Point Airport/Sandakan/Sepilok Area/Sukau Junction
RM 1,650.00 per Person
RM 1,450.00 per Person
2 pax per booking
RM 725.00 per Children
Below 10 – 3 years old
RM 435.00 per Children
Below 3 years old
About the package
- Return road transfer as mentioned
- Return boat transfers as mentioned
- Turtle island visit & entrance fee
- Accommodation at Turtle island in chalet with attached bathroom
- Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre visit & entrance fee
- Accommodation at Nature Lodge Kinabatangan-chalet
- English speaking guide
- River cruise ( 1 morning & 1 late afternoon)
- 1 Guided night nature walk
- Gomantong Cave visit & entrance fee
- 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch & 2 Dinner
- Free flow of coffee & tea
- Tour based on sit in coach basis
- Tourism Tax – RM10.00per room/night
- Camera fee at Sepilok Orang Utan Centre (RM10.00per camera) & Gomantong caves (RM30.00per camera) & Selingan Turtle island (RM10.00per camera)
- Optional Tour
- Sun Bear Conservation Center visit
- Labuk Bay Proboscis Sanctuary visit
- Rainforest Discovery Center visit
- Sandakan city tour
- All tours are subject to weather conditions
- Please take note that Sabah Parks allow only camera of unaided flash to take photograph of the turtle. Video/Digital Video Camera are not allowed.
- Sabah Parks also forbid visitor from going around the island on their own from 6:00pm – 6:00am.
We Recommend You To Bring
- Personal Gear
- Insect Repellent
- Comfortable shoes, Cotton T-Shirts, Long Sleeve Shirt, Long & Short Pant
Pick up from Sandakan Airport (MH2042 @ 0750 hrs OR AK6092 @ 0750hrs)
Pick up from any hotels within Sandakan at 0800 hrs.
Transfer to the jetty for boat ride to Selingan Turtle Islands Park. The journey to Island will take approximately 45 minutes. Upon arrival, register at the Parks HQ and check into chalet.
At 1200 hrs, lunch at cafeteria and then free at own leisure. The chalets have facilities for swimming or snorkeling.
After dinner, wait for the park ranger call for turtle sighting. You will be alert when a turtle is spotted laying eggs. Park ranger will call visitors to watch only one turtle laying eggs per night. The warden will bring you to the nesting site and witness the egg laying process, collecting of eggs and tagging of the mother turtle. After that, observe the process of eggs being transferred to the hatchery site. Then, get the chance to see the baby turtles release to the open sea.
Then overnight at chalet (Common or Attached Bathroom). (L, D)
After breakfast, depart island to Sandakan at 0700hrs. Proceed to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center. At this world renowned center, come face to face with human’s closest relative, the Orang Utans. Orang Utans share 97% of the same DNA as humans. The Orang Utans feeding time is at 1000 hrs.
Then proceed for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, transfer to the Nature Lodge Kinabatangan which is located at the Lower Kinabatangan River Sanctuary. The journey will take approximately 2 hours, passing by Kota Kinabatangan town and also oil palm plantation. Catch a glimpse of the curious long tail macaques while on the last leg along Kampung Bilit road.
Transfer from the Kampung Bilit jetty to Nature Lodge Kinabatangan, just 3 mins by boat across the River. Welcome drinks will be served upon arrival. After which, guests will be given a verbal orientation of the Lodge and the surrounding area. Proceed to check into our superior category chalets.
Afternoon boat cruise at 1600 hrs to search for wildlife and bird-life along the Kinabatangan river banks. Return to the Lodge for dinner. A guided night walks to enjoy the wilderness of the jungle right after the dinner.
Then overnight at the Lodge. (BF, L, D)
Don’t be surprised to be woken up by the calls of gibbons and hornbills. At 0600 hrs, take a morning river cruise to see more birds and wildlife. Return to the lodge for breakfast at 0745 hrs.
Proceed to check out and at 0915 hrs, we will transfer you to Gomantong Caves, the largest limestone hill and the most important source of edible bird nest in Sabah.
Then continue your journey back to Sandakan and transfer to either your hotel or airport (MH2047 @ 1400 hrs OR AK6097 @ 1425 hrs).) (BF)