Frequently Asked Questions
Latest Travel Update on Covid-19 situation in Sabah
Dear Valued Guests,
Please be informed that the Malaysian government has yet again extended the Movement Control Order (MCO) for another 2 weeks. The country’s MCO period is now from 18 March 2020 until 12 May 2020 to mitigate the impact of Covid-19 in the country. We just want to inform you that Nasalis Larvatus Tours is offering all existing tours that are affected by our country Malaysia’s Movement Restriction Order (MRO) on a Flexi Travel Program. Our Flexi Travel Program will be valid until 31 December 2021. No matter where you are in the world, we also understand that this global pandemic is affecting you, which is why any booked tours with us can also be postponed to a later date not exceeding 31 December 2021. Should you have any inquiries regarding our Flexi Travel Program or postponing your tour with us, do get in touch with your Tour Consultant. Our team is ever-ready to help you sort out your future travel plans in Borneo. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding during these strange and trying times, and for continuing to choose us as your travelling companion! For more information about our Flexi Travel Program, please get in touch with your respective Tour Consultant. To get the latest update on the COVID-19 situation in Sabah, please check out SabahAlert
What is Movement Restriction Order rules and regulations ?
- Cancellation of all religious activities, social activities, including mass gatherings for religious, sport and cultural activities.
- All Malaysian’s are banned from travelling overseas and Malaysians returning from overseas to be on self-quarantine for 14 days.
- All foreign tourists and visitors are banned from entering the country.
- Closure of all schools, kindergartens, public and international schools
- Closure of all universities and colleges.
- Shut down of all government and private offices and premises, excluding essential services such as water, post office, power, petrol station and TV, banks, ports, airports, groceries.
- Selected sectors and businesses such as the Aerospace industry, Automotive industry, Machinery industry and Science and Research & Development, as well as hardware stores, barber shops and electronic stores will be allowed to operate with strict guidelines.
What Nasalis Larvatus Tours are doing during this time?
- All customers who are currently on tour with us will continue their tour but exclude attractions that are closed. Please inform us if you would prefer to cut-short your tour.
- All customers who are travelling with us from 18 March 2020 onwards will be given a 12-months Flexi Plan. If you wish to cancel your tour instead, please let us know.
- Due to the government requirement, our physical office be closed from 18 March 2020 to 12 May 2020. However, some of our team members are working remotely from home. Should you have any questions regarding the Movement Control Order or in case of an emergency, please email: email@example.com
List of Attractions and Places of Interest that are closed to visitors
- Danum Valley Borneo Rainforest Lodge
- Kawag Danum Rainforest Village
- Kinabatangan Safari
- Sandakan Town / Sepilok Area
- Selingan Turtle Island
- Tabin Wildlife Safari
- Kota Kinabalu
- Mari – Mari Sepanggar Island
- Kinabalu Botanique Park
- Poring Hot Spring
- Kinabalu Park Safari