NLK 01 - Sandakan Nature Experience
Tour Code NLK 01
Duration 2 Days 1 Night
Minimum 1 Pax
Pickup Point Airport/Sandakan Area/Sepilok Area
Drop Off Point Airport/Sandakan/Sepilok Area/Sukau Junction
About the package
- Return road transfer as mentioned
- Return boat transfers as mentioned
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch & 1 Dinner
- Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre visit & entrance fee
- Accommodation at chalet within Agamid wing of Nature Lodge Kinabatangan
- English speaking guide
- River cruise ( 1 morning & 1 late afternoon)
- 1 Guided night nature walk
- Free flow of coffee & tea
- Tour based on sit in coach basis
- Tourism Tax – RM10.00per room/night
- Camera fee at Sepilok Orang Utan Centre (RM10.00per camera) & Gomantong caves (RM30.00per camera)
- Optional Tour
- Sun Bear Conservation Center visit
- Gomantong cave visit
- Labuk Bay Proboscis Sanctuary visit
- Rainforest Discovery Center visit
- Sandakan city tour
- Tourism Tax of RM10.00 per room/night. Tourism Tax to be pay directly at Nature Lodge Kinabatangan upon arrival.
- Peak Season Charge : From 1st July to 30th Sept 2023
All tours are subject to weather conditions
We Recommend You To Bring
- Personal Gear
- Insect Repellent
- Comfortable shoes, Cotton T-Shirts, Long Sleeve Shirt, Long & Short Pan
Pick up from Sandakan Airport (MH2042 @ 0750 hrs OR AK6492 @ 0720hrs)
Pick up from any hotels within Sandakan at 0830 hrs. Afterwards, transfer to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center. At this world renowned center, come face to face with human’s closest relative, the Orang Utans. Orang Utans share 97% of the same DNA as humans. The Orang Utans feeding time is at 1000 hrs. While Orang Utan rehabilitation is still the primary goal at Sepilok, present aims include public education on conservation, research and assistance to other endangered species such as captive breeding of the rare and endangered rhinoceros.
Then proceed for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, transfer to the Nature Lodge Kinabatangan which is located at the Lower Kinabatangan River Sanctuary. The journey will take approximately 2 hours, passing by Kota Kinabatangan town and also oil palm plantation. Catch a glimpse of the curious primates and swiflets of Gomantong Caves while on the last leg along Kampung Bilit road.
Transfer from the Kampung Bilit jetty to Nature Lodge Kinabatangan, just 3 mins by boat across the River. Welcome drinks will be served upon arrival. After which, guests will be given a verbal orientation of the Lodge and the surrounding area. Proceed to check into the chalets within Agamid wing of Nature Lodge Kinabatangan.
Afternoon boat cruise at 1600 hrs to search for wildlife and bird-life along the Kinabatangan river banks. Return to Lodge to freshen up and then enjoy dinner in the midst of the Kampung Bilit secondary jungle! Right after dinner, go for a guided night walks to enjoy the wilderness and watch sleeping birds and nocturnal creatures of the jungle.
Overnight at the Lodge. (L, D)
Don’t be surprised to be woken up by the calls of gibbons and hornbills. At 0600 hrs, take a morning river cruise to see more birds and wildlife.
Return to the lodge for breakfast at 0745 hrs.
Check-out at 0830hrs. (Optional trip: Gomantong cave)- transfer you to Gomantong Caves, the largest limestone hill and the most important source of edible bird nest in Sabah.
Then continue your journey back to Sandakan and transfer to either your hotel or airport (MH2047 @ 1400 hrs OR AK6495 @ 1425 hrs). (BF)