NLK 05 - Selingan Turtle Island & Sandakan Sightseeing
Tour Code NLK 05
Duration 2 Days 1 Night
Minimum 2 Pax
Pickup Point Airport/Sandakan Area/Sepilok Area
Drop Off Point Airport/Sandakan/Sepilok Area/Sukau Junction
About the package
- Return road transfer as mentioned
- Return boat transfers as mentioned
- Turtle island visit & entrance fee
- Accommodation at Turtle island in chalet with attached bathroom
- Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre visit & entrance fee
- English speaking guide
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch & 1 Dinner
- Free flow of coffee & tea
- Tour based on sit in coach basis
- Tourism Tax – RM10.00per room/night
- Camera fee at Sepilok Orang Utan Centre (RM10.00per camera) & Gomantong caves (RM30.00per camera) & Selingan Turtle island (RM10.00per camera)
- Sun Bear Conservation Center visit
- Labuk Bay Proboscis Sanctuary visit
- Rainforest Discovery Center visit
- Sandakan city tour
- All tours are subject to weather conditions
- Please take note that Sabah Parks allow only camera of unaided flash to take photograph of the turtle. Video/Digital Video Camera are not allowed.
- Sabah Parks also forbid visitor from going around the island on their own from 6:00pm – 6:00am.
We Recommend You To Bring
- Personal Gear
- Insect Repellent
- Comfortable shoes, Cotton T-Shirts, Long Sleeve Shirt, Long & Short Pant
Pick up from Sandakan Airport (MH2042 @ 0750 hrs OR AK6092 @ 0750hrs)
Pick up from any hotels within Sandakan at 0800 hrs.
Transfer to the jetty for boat ride to Selingan Turtle Islands Park. The journey to Island will take approximately 45 minutes. Upon arrival, register at the Parks HQ and check into chalet.
At 1200 hrs, lunch at cafeteria and then free at own leisure. The chalets have facilities for swimming or snorkeling.
After dinner, wait for the park ranger call for turtle sighting. You will be alert when a turtle is spotted laying eggs. Park ranger will call visitors to watch only one turtle laying eggs per night. The warden will bring you to the nesting site and witness the egg laying process, collecting of eggs and tagging of the mother turtle. After that, observe the process of eggs being transferred to the hatchery site. Then, get the chance to see the baby turtles release to the open sea.
Then overnight at chalet (Common or Attached Bathroom). (L, D)
After breakfast, depart island to Sandakan at 0700hrs. Proceed to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center. At this world renowned center, come face to face with human’s closest relative, the Orang Utans. Orang Utans share 97% of the same DNA as humans. The Orang Utans feeding time is at 1000 hrs. While Orang Utan rehabilitation is still the primary goal at Sepilok, present aims include public education on conservation, research and assistance to other endangered species such as captive breeding of the rare and endangered rhinoceros. Also experience a walk in the tropical lowland dipterocarp forest.
At 1100hrs, depart Sepilok to the Sandakan Memorial Park. Located within the suburb of Taman Rimba, the site of a notorious WWII prisoner-of-war camp is about 11km outside of Sandakan.
The park, which includes a small museum, is a memorial to the thousands of Australian and British who lost their lives during the Japanese occupation. The rusting remains of an excavator, a generator and a boiler lie in their original positions, near steps leading up to a small Commemorative Pavilion.
Proceed to the Hotel Sandakan for lunch (Buffet – Malaysian Cuisine).
After lunch, transfer to either hotel or airport for your flight (MH2047 @ 1400 hrs OR AK6097 @ 1425 hrs).). (BF/L)